Hydro Flask Raises $79,000 for The Conservation Alliance at Annual Garage Sale

Hydro Flask named The Conservation Alliance the beneficiary of its annual Garage Sale in July in Bend, Oregon, home town for both the company and the organization. The event raised more than $79,000 for The Conservation Alliance, as Hydro Flask contributed 100 percent of sales.
“Hydro Flask went above-and-beyond in making The Conservation Alliance the beneficiary of their annual Garage Sale, raising $79,740 in a mere five hours,” said John Sterling, Executive Director of The Conservation Alliance. “We will put those funds to good use in our efforts to protect and defend wild lands and waters throughout North America for their recreation and habitat values.”
Hydro Flask, a Conservation Alliance member since 2014, identifies key nonprofit partners each year to participate in the event, and receive the proceeds. That decision is made by a vote of Hydro Flask employees.
“It’s a joy to be able to support The Conservation Alliance and the great work they do to protect public lands locally, regionally and nationally,” said Indigo Teiwes, Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Hydro Flask. “This was truly the Hydro Flask staff choice with a staff wide nomination and voting process. We are grateful to our local Hydro Flask fans that came out to show love for our products and support a local non-profit.”
During the sale, Conservation Alliance staff encouraged shoppers to sign post cards to Oregon Congressman Greg Walden, asking him to urge President Donald Trump to preserve the existing boundaries and management of Oregon’s Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument. The Trump Administration has proposed shrinking the protected area, which was first designated by President Bill Clinton and expanded by President Barack Obama. During the sale, more than 150 customers signed the post card, which The Conservation Alliance staff will deliver to Congressman Walden in August.
The Conservation Alliance will direct 25 percent of the proceeds to its grant fund to support conservation initiatives throughout North America. The remaining 75 percent will go toward a special project that will support the organization’s conservation mission. The organization will develop that project before the end of 2018.
Hydro Flask partnered with another Bend-based Conservation Alliance member, Cairn, Inc., to organize the sale. Cairn sold excess inventory from their outdoor products subscription box service, and will contribute a percentage of proceeds to The Conservation Alliance.
“We are lucky to share the Bend community with such creative and generous companies,” said Sterling. “It takes a village to protect and defend our wild places.”